Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Incomplete Spiral – Helouise Mulder

I've walked up and down these stairs a "million" times before; to go to work in the morning or to go home at night. I was looking for a picture to take for our LOOKING UP or LOOKING DOWN theme, when one evening on my way home I looked down to see if it could possibly make a good theme photo. I immediately realised the potential and took my camera along the next day.

After I took several photo's the hospital security stopped me and said that I wasn't allowed to take pictures. I said sorry and stopped. Fortunately I had a few that I could process. I've used two of the photo's in different theme entries at the club and also entered one of the photo's into salons with good results.

Incomplete spiralThis specific photo got a Gold award, Theme winner, 4 star Class winner, Snr. winner and evening winner at the November 2011 club evening!

The lesson that I've learned from this experience is that we walk past a lot of winning pictures every day. Stop and look around you. You will be surprised at what you find.

Technical information

  • NIKON D5000 . 18 x 200mm lens
  • Aperture f/ 8
  • Shutter 1/50s
  • ISO 800

Helouise Mulder  (4*)

No comments:

Post a Comment