Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kolskoot–Hennie de Lange

During December 2011 I took my family to Pilansberg for a couple of days. We stopped at a waterhole in an area known for regular lion sightings, hoping that we may get lucky.

There was no movement at the waterhole of any lion or any other game. It had been raining and there was water puddles everywhere in the park.

While waiting at the waterhole I noticed the chameleon slowly approaching a small bush right next to the car. I watched the chameleon climb up the bush and I settled my 170-500 Sigma on the bean bag in the window. I took a couple of shots before the chameleon first took an ant. That shot I did not get, but it made me realize that the little guy was seriously on the hunt. The next strike I did not miss!!!

na_04020010_Kolskoot

Go’s to show, lions are not the only predators around!!

Technical: 1500/s F11 370mm ISO 400. Sigma 170-500 Pentax K10. Most importantly bean bag.

Hennie de Lange

Centurion Camera Club 3*

No comments:

Post a Comment