Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gotcha – Annelie Potgieter

I was on holiday in Swakopmund and decided to do 'The Little Big 5 of Namibia' tour.  While driving up and down the dunes, our tour guide spotted the chameleon from a distance.

We had the opportunity to stretch our legs and watch how this chameleon catches 'tok tokkies'.  I tried 7 times to 'freeze' the movement of the tongue but failed terribly!! Only when I downloaded the photo's I realised that the second last photo, the 'tok tokkie's' in the mouth of the chameleon and you can actually see the saliva in it's mouth!!

GotchaThis photo was also selected by Africa Geographic as "Photo of the day - 13, May 2011, and also as "Photo of the month" and they used it for the on line edition as the front page for the submission of photographs. It was also published in Africa Geographic, July edition 2011.

I still use my Canon Powershot S2 IS when I do hikes, trailling ect.

  • Club: April 2011, 1* Winner. Junior Winner. Best of Event.
  • Exposure 1/1000 sec 
  • Aperture 4
  • Canon Powershot S2 IS

Annelie Potgieter
Centurion Camera Club (3*)

No comments:

Post a Comment