Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happiness (Pictorial)

This picture is of my best friend.  I had just finished the renovations on my studio and asked her to pose for me in order that I could test my lights with the new background.  I set up my studio lights  in a butterfly lighting setup and we just had a whole lot of fun.  I always use the manual setting on my camera when I shoot in my studio.  I was not trying to take pictures for camera club, but rather pictures of her that she would like.  HappinessWhen I looked through the shots after completing the shoot I decided to enter this photograph as I loved the colours of her dress and I also liked the pose.  I did minimal post processing to this photograph.  I cropped it, checked the levels and sharpened it a bit.

Technical information:

  • Canon EOS 500D
  • 18 – 55mm canon lens at 58mm focal length
  • F/11
  • ISO 200
  • Manual setting
  • Location: My studio
  • Club: Nov 2010, COM, Best 3*, Best Junior

Zoe van der Spuy

No comments:

Post a Comment