Saturday, March 15, 2014

Working At Night

We were staying in a hotel in Lucerne, on the fourth floor. Just after sunset I looked out of the window, and the light was beautiful. Working at Night HDThere were also dramatic cloud formations, which always provide good photo opportunities.  I took my tripod and camera and took a couple of photos. They were busy working on the road, so there was earthmoving equipment on site and red danger lights, which created a nice mood.

Back home when I downloaded the photos they were nice, but not as vivid as I recalled the colours to be. I decided to play around with this picture using HDR, and the photo then really came alive. I used Lightroom to crop and adjust the lighting. I created -2EV, 0EV and +2EV copies of the photo and then exported them to Photomatix to do the HDR magic.  I played around in Photomatix to get the right settings, and now I have a photo that matches my recollection of that scene.

Gerry Steyn

No comments:

Post a Comment